About the Company
Gateway Communications, Inc., is a printing and direct mail company. We work with over 150 non-profits from all over the country from food banks to homeless shelters. Our clients have a Gospel driven mission, which gives our employees a great sense of purpose. From the printing press to the mail house we strive to produce the best marketing materials at a great price for our clients. Just recently Gateway underwent a major renovation and expansion to help keep up with our growing clientele. It’s an exciting time to be a member of this team.
The Production Assistant will contribute to our print production and mail house workflow. This position will work closely with the Production Manager to ensure work order integrity and plate production quality. The candidate will work closely with the Graphic Designer to manage a variety of prepress tasks such as plate development and press layouts as well as to manage digital print production. The candidate will help manage the production of letters from Gateway’s call center. The Production Assistant will also work alongside Gateway’s data expert to create and produce digitally printed letters to be mailed.
The candidate needs to display a great work ethic with the ability to learn and adapt. The work environment will be a combination of work in the office and in the production area. The position will take direction from the current production team.
– Work with mailing databases
– Verify the consistency of work orders
– Assist with prepress development and press layouts
– Managing plate development (supplies, plates)
– Manage the shipping of client extras and samples
– Manage supply orders for digital production area
– Digital printer maintenance
– Digital printing production
– Create and manage samples and live proofs of letters for the call center
– Print letters for the call center daily
– Ability to Prioritize
– Willing to learn and adapt
– Knowledge of Microsoft office
– Knowledge of prepress (offset printing process)
– Familiarity with digital printing
– Familiarity with Adobe Creative Software a huge plus
– Familiarity with Data management software (Excel, Access, Paradox) a huge plus
This is a full time position with benefits. Compensation is $12-$15 an hour based on experience. Qualified and eager candidates must submit their resumes using our Career Opportunities Form Here for consideration.